Sunday, 2 September 2012

Ballgowns and blazers

This weekend Ruby and I decided to finally get our act together to head down to the V&A to see the Ballgowns: British Glamour Since 1950 exhibition we have been wanting to see since it first started Mid May.

I love the V&A and they have outdone themselves yet again with this beautiful exhibition which spans 2 floors and features beautiful gowns worn by royalty and celebrities spanning the last 60s years. I was very impressed with the newly refurbished fashion gallery where the exhibition is taking place and I look forward to seeing what else this space has in store for fashion lovers like myself.

I am crazy about watching red carpet events and award pre-shows just to see what beautiful dresses my favourite actresses wore. That is why it is no surprise that one of my favourite gowns from the exhibition is the Jenny Packham gown that Sandra Bullock wore to the 2011 Golden Globes which you can see here.

Unfortunately we were not able to take any photos, but there is a great review and lots of beautiful photos on the Guardian website.

My day looked a little something like this...




{Blazer: Forever 21; Top: H&M; Trousers and shoes: River Island; 
Bag: Anthropologie; Bracelet: Banana Republic}




I hope you all have a lovely weekend! Get up to anything nice?


No comments:

Post a Comment