Thursday, 23 August 2012

Let's go back to Paris and eat

Last week we spent a couple of days in and around Paris. I am still not done gushing about the beauty, chicness and deliciousness of the place. 

One of my favourite things that we did was have lunch at a charming bistro called Au Port Salut. The owner made us feel like we were his dearest friends and our waitress was so warm and hospitable. 

We had a seafood amuse bouche which definitely got our taste buds tingling. What followed was a beautiful appetiser of  canelloni beef cheek with truffle cream and parmesan tuile (of which we should have ordered two servings). For the main I had cod cooked at a low temperature accompanied by celery puree, apple fondant tarragon and safron emulsion and Matt had rack of lamb with stewed potatoes, eggplant caviar and vegetables (not pictured).  Need I say more? Absolutely gorgeous! The wine was so refreshing and complimented my seafood dish beautifully. The peach digestif was a perfect end to the feast.






I cannot wait to go back to Paris! And when I do I will be sure to go back to this lovely restaurant. Have you ever been to Au Port Salut? If so, what did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment