Monday, 23 April 2012

New York state of mind

For me, it has been one of those days where you wish you could spend the whole of it in bed under the nice warm duvet. I blame it on all of this rain. I am all up for April Showers, but there better be some May flowers next week!

So, instead of sharing a picture of my outfit today, which lets be honest, is at this moment consists of comfortable sweats, I would like to share one of my fave places in NYC: Alice's Tea Cup.


Themed after the Alice in Wonderland tea party, this gem currently has 3 locations surrounding Central Park and fabulously called Chapter I, II and III.

Here I am 2 years ago hanging out in Chapter II on East 64th Street, a couple of streets away from Bloomingdales. My friends and I spent an Alice in Wonderland inspired day and wound up here after unfortunately not being able to get into the Tim Burton exhibition at MoMA, but seeing the film the evening before and visiting the sculpture in Central Park that afternoon. It was a lovely day even though it rained too. How very appropriate :)


They have a big menu containing something for every meal and mood including pumpkin pancakes, Alice's florentine, and Lapsand souchong smoked chicken breast. My favourite is their scones. The last time I was there I got 2 scones and a pot of tea. I chose one savoury and one sweet to kind of represent the main meal and the dessert. Delicious! Their tea list if so comprehensive that it makes it really hard to choose.


I cannot wait to go back there the next time I am in NY, put on some fairy wings and have some more of their gorgeous tea!

2 comments:

  1. This place looks great! I shall definitely go there when I finally make it back to NYC :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's adorable! Definitely worth a visit if you are in town.

    ReplyDelete