Monday, 30 April 2012

Casual Mondays

So my day started a little something like this...


Mondays are never pleasant. Let's not kid ourselves. Even if you woke up, did and hundred push-ups and jogged in place before starting your day, things always slowly start to go south once you realise that you have a whole working week to get through before fry ups and sleep ins.

I didn't expect much from today especially after not being able to sleep until about 2:30 in the morning. Don't worry though. I used this unwelcomed instance of insomnia to do my nails and read some blogs. I then finally fell asleep to the soothing speech of Stephen Fry a la QI (I love this man!).

Once I pulled myself out of bed, after some time thinking about what to wear today a.k.a. snoozing and seeing that it was actually sunny out, I decided that I was going to be comfortable but I was still going to bring it. I think I delivered on this brief. What do you say?


So to be comfortable, I wore my tights, oversized white tee, and fave cardigan (thanks Ruby!). I brought it with my giant fish necklace, sparkly ring, animal print loafers, and my new fabulous jacket. This cashmere/wool blend DAKS Signature vintage jacket. It is so super soft that I cannot stop stroking it. It was sold to me this weekend at Spitalfields Market by the lovely Sarah of Freshthreads. Her online shop is currently under construction, but do check out her blog by clicking here because she is awesome!



Jacket: DAKS Signature via Freshthreads; Tee: Warehouse; Cardigan: H&M; Tights and shoes: River Island; 
Bag: Miss Selfridge; Necklace: Mango; Ring: Primark; Nails: Topshop In The Red



I honestly think that wearing the right outfit can make an otherwise normal /dreaded/rainy day seem much brighter. Today my fish necklace and my new delicious jacket did that for me.

Tell me about your mood lifting outfits. I shall leave you now as I have a lot of reading to catch up on.


I totally splurged this month, but they all look so good!

2 comments:

  1. Love your shoes: perfect !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I saw on your blog that you own the black studded flats from Topshop. I own those in peach :) They are fab!

    ReplyDelete