Tuesday, 20 March 2012

Denim Shirt, 3 Ways

The denim shirt has become a good friend of mine. So surprisingly versatile, making it easy to forget how casual it actually is.

My favourite denim shirt from GAP

As I tend to stay away from double denim, I've been dressing it up and down by substituting it for a blouse under a blazer, softening it up with a lace vest, or just wearing it as a jacket over colourful dresses and tights. Here are a few examples of how I wear this wardrobe staple and comfortable companion:

Outfit 1


Trousers: United Colors of Benetton; Vest: Pinky; Ring: Top Shop 


Outfit 2


Dress: Miss Selfridge; Tights: Top Shop; Belt: Zara; Shoes: New Look; Jewellery: Top Shop and Oasis 


Outfit 3


Blazer: GAP; Skirt: yaya collection; Shoes: New Look; Jewellery: Top Shop and Oasis 

A special thank you to the lovely Ruby Randolph for taking these photos. You can find her beautiful blog here: Rogue Ruby

4 comments:

  1. I love the third outfit! They're all fab, great versatility!

    http://fridayisforever.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! I wan't to do more posts like this one :)

      Delete
  2. I agree, the third is my favourite too! Though the second is really funky with the coloured tights too. xo Christine

    www.cashmerekinetic.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! They help to add a pop of colour any time I wear them.

    ReplyDelete